The Cougar Mountain Zoo Internship Program is designed to introduce college students or graduates seeking theoretical as well as hands on experience in the many facets of the zoo world. Participants are exposed to a broad range of fields inherent in zoo operations such as education, conservation, fundraising, public relations, animal husbandry, medical, and many others.
The Cougar Mountain Zoo Internship Program
How to apply:
Program I – 320 hrs.
Program II – 420 hrs.
Function in the prescribed discipline 5-8 hours per day until fulfillment of program hours. 24-40 hour a week commitment.
Participants in this curriculum function in the following areas:
1. Education Programs
2. Visitor Relations
4. Animal Husbandry
- Submission of intern program application
- Active health insurance coverage
- Tuberculosis test and current tetanus vaccination
- $200 one-time administration fee* once accepted
* administration fee will be returned upon fulfillment of pre-established personal commitment